Our student body encompasses a diverse range of academic, social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and students attend Tilden Preparatory School for equally diverse purposes. Some of the reasons that students choose Tilden are:
- To individualize their courses and to go at their own pace (either faster or slower, depending on individual preference)
- To receive more teacher input in a smaller learning environment
- To schedule around significant commitments such as athletics, or artistic endeavors.
- To work with teachers who can adapt coursework to accommodate the studentís optimal learning style
- To become more engaged in their learning
- To take AP courses in a one-to-one or small group setting
- To take a course not offered at their school
- To transition from Home School to a larger school community
- To repeat a course or finish an incomplete
- To gradually re-assimilate after an absence from school.